At ECU we take the stress out of choosing which checking account is best for you by offering one Simple Checking account. Low monthly minimum balance of $25. Add Direct Deposit, Virtual Branch, eStatements, our Mobile App which includes Mobile Check Deposit, and you can view your ECU Credit Union account anywhere, anytime! Even pay your bills with CheckFree Bill Pay.
Same great Simple Checking account with some perks. If you maintain a minimum daily balance of $5,000.00, you receive a 0.25% APY* rate bump on your checking account. If you still write a few checks throughout the year, we will add one free order of basic checks per year.
High School Checking
The High School checking program is available for members 13 – 17 years old. You will learn the basics of building good credit history, money management, and budging. A parent or guardian is required as a joint owner.
Need Some Checks?
Checking Account Details
- Minimum to open: $25
- Monthly Service Fee: $5.00 per month if daily balance falls below $25.00, see our fee schedule for additional fees that may apply.
- Deposits are Federally insured up to $250,000 per individual depositor through NCUA.
- MasterCard Debit Card: Access to your funds anywhere the Master Card network is available.
- Courtesy Pay: Courtesy Pay covers life's unexpected emergencies and allows you to overdraw your checking account for a fee, see our fee schedule.
- Statements issued monthly: Sign-up for e-statements through Virtual Branch and save.
- Virtual Branch: Provides limitless access to your funds and transaction history through the internet. You can view your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week anywhere, anytime
- ECU Credit Union Mobile App: Provides limitless access to your account right at your fingertips, anywhere, anytime 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Mobile Check Deposit: an easy and convenient way to deposit checks directly from your phone.
- Bill Pay: Quick and convenient way to pay your bills on your time and schedule. No Fees, unless no bill pay activity within the month, then a $5.00 monthly fee.
- Same as Simple Checking Plus
- Minimum to earn dividends: $5,000 - maintain a balance of $5,000 monthly and receive a 0.25% APY* rate bump on your Elite checking account
- Fixed Dividend Rate: Rate is determined by daily account balance, compounds and pays monthly. if account is closed before the monthly posting of accrued dividends, no dividends will be paid, for current rate, see our current deposit rates.
- One free box of basic checks per year
- Free copies of cleared checks
- Free Credit Union checks to third party
- Minimum to open: $25
- Monthly Service Fee: $5.00 per month if daily balance falls below $25.00, see Rates and Fees for additional fees that may apply.
Share Draft Checking Rates
If account is closed prior to the posting of accrued dividends no dividends will be paid. Dividends are based on the Credit Union's earnings at the end of a dividend period. All rates are subject to change without notice.
Convenience at your fingertips!
Your ECU Visa® Platinum card can be used to purchase that special outfit, to take that well-earned vacation or to manage your everyday expenses, and you can earn ScoreCard® Reward points with every transaction. Whatever your needs are, our Visa Platinum card can help you achieve your financial goals.
- Low 2.99% APR* Introductory Rate
- Fixed Rate
- No Annual Fee
- No Cash Advance Fee
- Accepted anywhere with Visa logo
*Qualification is based on individual creditworthiness and our underwriting standards. Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.